One Pot Chicken & Potatoes
Winter is the perfect time to try out delicious meals just like this one.
A major plus is that this great meal can be made in one pot without having to dirty up a ton of dishes. In the colder months, I find myself constantly looking through Pinterest looking for new yummy yet simple meals to try at home for my family.
My new fascination is definitely one pot meals so this one is a major win. The recipe was provided by Let The Baking Begin.
I know I will for sure give this meal a try, you all let me know if you decide to as well! Happy Eating!
- 8 chicken thighs
- 6-8 large potatoes, cut in quarters or halves
- 5-6 carrots, cut in 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut in quarters
- 15-20 garlic cloves, whole
- Kosher salt
- Black ground pepper
- 4 tsp ground pepper or 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp paprika (optional)
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with foil or even better, parchment paper.
- Thoroughly wash the potatoes & carrots with a scrubber and cut them in smaller pieces. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Rinse the chicken under running water & also pat dry with paper towel.
- Add chicken, potatoes and carrots, onion & garlic to the lined baking dish and sprinkle with salt, ground pepper and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil. Toss everything to coat.
- Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes. Check for doneness, if the potatoes and chicken thighs are soft and easily pierced with the fork they are ready.
- If the chicken and potatoes have not browned up as much as you would like, turn the broil setting on the oven and broil for 5 minutes. Watch carefully, or they will burn.
- Remove from the oven and serve right away in the baking dish or transfer to a warm serving plate.